- Within five business days from the application being submitted, the DGME will notify if there are pending requirements or request the applicant to provide clarifying or supplementary information. The applicant will have eight working days to complete or clarify their application.
- Once the applicant submits all the requirements, the remainder of the administration's 15-calendar day period to issue a definitive resolution will begin to elapse.
- If the application is rejected, the DGME will provide options for other migratory categories that better fit the applicant. The resolution allows the applicant to present a revocatory or amparo claim within the digital platform.
- The DGME will be allowed to do background research on the applicant profile to verify their criminal and police background.
- Once the application is approved, the applicant will have three months to process their immigration accreditation document. If the process is not completed within this period, procedures will be initiated to cancel the immigration status granted.
Costa Rican Tourism Institute, ICT, launched a website where you can find more detailed information about the benefits, requirements, and procedures to be followed to obtain the digital nomad condition. Please go to www.visitcostarica.com, and choose the "Things to Do" option followed by "Digital Nomads."