The tax benefits for those who are granted Temporary Residency under one of the categories mentioned above consist of the following:
- One-time duty-free and all import taxes of households.
- Exemption of import taxes, value-added tax (Vat), and tariff for up to two vehicles for land (car), sea (boat), or air (plane), only for personal use, not commercial.
- Exemption of import taxes for instruments or materials used by the beneficiaries for professional or scientific practice.
- Residents will be exempt from 20% of the real transfer tax on real estate purchases within the term of law 9996 as long as they are registered owners. However, if you sell or transfer the property within the term of the law, you must pay all the exempted taxes.
- Income tax exemption on the income declared to get the benefits in each temporary residency category. However, the income received in the national territory, resulting from the investments made in the country, will be subject to income tax
Applicants will not automatically be considered CR tax residents; they can obtain said status if they follow the provisions of the Income Tax Law.
The tax exemption will be applicable only once, and the beneficiaries of this incentive must keep the assets for ten years before being able to sell them. If not, the potential buyer will be responsible for covering the amount initially exempted if the beneficiary of this incentive transfers the asset.
If you lose your immigration status implies losing the tax benefits.